YOU CAN TUNE A PIANO , BUT …



Hello my favorite people. As I racked my brain trying  to find something 


interesting to share with you this month , I found I was kinda , “Outta 


Ammo”. Then I had this bizarre thought , instead of something interesting , 


how about I find the most boring subject possible?  Now this was probably 


a bad idea but it would tell me a lot about my readers. Either they really 


don’t expect much or their lives are just  boring as mine.  Anyway if you are 


still, yawn, with me, let's see where this goes. Now I fancy myself a pretty 


good cook , but no matter what I do, my tuna salad will not win any prizes. I 


have gone the mustard route , added  celery salt , scallions, Worcestershire 


Sauce, you name it and it is still  like cat food in a bowl. It either had too 


much mayo, not enough mayo , it was too wet, too dry, too processed,  or 


not processed enough.  Now I have tried the European Version with its tiny 


filets standing at attention in a glass jar but if you are going to spend $12 


anyway why get the bowls dirty at all?  So I finally decided there must be 


an art to it and to leave it to the pros. So on that note,  here are my totally 


biased meaningless  recommendations for best performance by a tuna fish:


Numero Uno : Sorrentino’s Subs (6695 US-9 N ) Howell. Very fresh with no 


off flavors. Their 16 inch sub will feed the hungry all week. Numero Dos:  


Jimmy Pecci’s Taste of Italy ( 4060 Asbury Ave, Tinton Falls) . Now I live on 


this stuff . I don’t really know what he puts in it but I think I spy tiny specks 


of pimento. Next has to be the Monmouth Clubhouse Deli (825 W Park Ave 


, Ocean) nice and clean tasting though some may find it to be a bit under 


seasoned. So there you go, if that wasn’t thrilling I don’t know what is. 


Maybe next month I will  tackle something far more compelling  like  rating 


your favorite condiments, but I hope not. Thankfully, that is all I have to say. 

  

So until the next time  my friends, remember to make each day a  


celebration and live well.




 


  


     

Comments

  1. Hi Harry! I am not a tuna fan however I will try the lunch stops !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one! But I do prefer chicken salad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am boring 😑 i like the tuna in the jar at $7.99(ShopRite)with olive oil and let’s of fresh lemon 🍋 sprinkled with black pepper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog