COMMITTED PIG OUT



Hello my friends and  discerning gourmets everywhere. I was a little late from the get go  


this month , but the thought of leaving you all alone  without my words of wisdom was 


more than I can bear. So here goes.  Wanna a knockout lunch in a super cute town  less than 


30 minutes away ?  Of course you do. Well welcome to the “Committed Pig” ( 165 Main Street in 


Manasquan). Before you ask, the name comes from a parable in which  a chicken  asks the pig 


if he wants to be  partners in a restaurant that specializes in ham and eggs. ”No” says the pig 

.

“because while you are  involved , I am  committed “. And committed they are , wowing you with 


super decadent and scrumptious fair adorning  every plate they put in front of you. I tried one of 


their 6 super rich toasted grilled cheese sandwiches with melted Brie and Homemade Fig Jam 


while my wife opted for the Avocado, and Melted Muenster combo  with Sun Dried Tomato 


Pesto and Garlic Butter.  Both were better than excellent. But oh the Burger!  If there is a better 


one around , I have not had it. The meat is to die for, a custom Pat La Frida blend of short ribs , 


hanger steak and brisket , with  fabulous texture. It is  tender and delicious. The generous 


double patty  is served on a super fresh potato roll which stays firm throughout. You have a 


choice of 12 different outrageous combinations including a Baked Brie, Bacon and Fig Jam  


offering as well as a “BurgerNut “ served on a rich glazed doughnut.( not for the diet conscious). 


These arrive with a very large portion of perfectly crispy fries , choice of  either Waffle of French, 


Sweet Potato or Regular . “The Pig” also features  an outstanding array of  breakfast and 


brunch choices, including  outstanding Pumpkin Pie Pancakes , Cinnamon Crunch or Challah 


French Toast adorned with Cinnamon Custard  Butter. They also offer a  choice of  6 different 

outstanding Pork Roll (or Taylor Ham if it makes you feel better) sandwich  combinations  In fact, 


everywhere you turn on this menu , you see something unusual and delicious like the  Pickle 


Chips or Red Velvet Fried Oreos.  BTW this award winning restaurant was the brainchild of 


visionary  Jerry Rotunno and his partner Tony Montiero . a seasoned restaurant owner  and 


investor that he found on Craig List back in 2009 . The concept  they shared was that in a world 


bereft with strife, people  were  in need of a “Culinary Hug”. And with locations in Morristown, 


Summit and now Manasquan these two have been doing a lot of loving. Their outpost in 


Manasquan is warm and inviting, resplendent with wood and brick , a rooftop bar and overhead 


doors that bring the outside in. Now I am by no means alone in reviewing this place , there are a 


tons of  reviews on line including the NY Times ( though I am sure none are quite as amusing as 


mine)  But it  was new to me and I am guessing also to All Y’All. So before I start to “boar” you 


with  a lot of pig jokes , let me say it will leave you squealing with delight ( Sorry I couldn’t 


resist). Hey , I won’t even ask you where a pig  keeps his money. ( Sorry again). So anyway ,  I 


hope  I will see you there, you are going to go hog wild over this place, you might find it  hard to 


not make a pig of yourself, STOP, STOP.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog