THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ( PART DEUX)

                                   LOCAL EDITION



Hello  my hungry friends. Harry here. I know it hasn’t been long but it is seriously  hard for me to contain myself.  I was really not done with the list of “My Favorite Things” , which have pathetically changed my world. You know I always thought that it takes a bit of talent to find  the best takeout and dining spots , if you ask me, which you didn’t. But as usual , I feel compelled to tell you anyway. Besides, life and happy hour is short and I just can’t live with the fact you might miss something. After all, that is what I am here for. So without further ado or additional loquaciousness (another good SAT word) here it is :


Tremendous Takeaway ( Market Items )


Egg ET Bagels ( ask for well done)- Hot Bagel Bakery (65 Monmouth Rd , Oakhurst .Great with Scallion Cream Cheese.

Lobster Roll , Uncle Giuseppe's (990 Shrewsbury Ave, Tinton Falls) - Full of nothin but lobsta  2 for $32

Eggplant Tapenade - Pastosa (315 NJ 35, Eatontown). Hard to believe it's still a vegetable.

Spinach Ravioli - Pastosa- Tasty, fresh and authentic. Stock your freezer.

  

 

Excellent Entrees 


Mesquite Grill BBQ Ribs - Salt Creek Grill (4 Bingham Ave, Rumson) - The best I have ever had.

Veal Saltimbocca - Illiano's ($25).(933 West Park Ave, Ocean). Tastes like twice the price.

Classic Cheese Burger with Waffle Fries- Committed Pig (165 Main St Manasquan) - Winner Best Burger in NJ 

Baked  Smoked Salmon Platter - Pickled Herring (96 US 9N Marlboro Plaza , Englishtown) - Ask for an extra bagel to share. 

Peking Duck - Legends (1969 Rt 34, Wall ) -  Warm Pancake ,Crisp skin, Plum Sauce, Shaved Scallions ,Yum.

Mussels with Brooklyn Bread - Trama’s Trattoria (115 Brighton Ave, Long Branch) Heaven in a bowl.

Doggie on the fire with well done cheese fries - Windmill (586 Ocean Blvd, Long Branch - Snap into one.  



Super Sweets 


XUIXO ( Shoo- Shoo)  Cardinal Provisions( 513 Bangs Ave , Asbury Park) . Homemade filled cinnamon doughnut. OMG .You really need to try one, trust me.

Hot Fudge Sundae with Vanilla Soft Serve and Peanuts- Cone Zone ( 2040 Rt 33, Neptune )



Adult Indulgences 


Espresso Martini - The Mix ( 71 Brighton Ave, Long Branch ) $12 (Happy Hour).

Berry Martini with marinated fruit.- The Mix 


 

Tremendous $20 and Under


Sonoma Vineyards Red Blend by Rodney Strong - Wegmans ($19)

Drinks like twice the price. 

The Pessimist by Daou - Total Wine ($18) My Wine Of The Year. Petite Syrah Blend , Love This.

Kuranui - Marlborough Sav Blanc($16)- Wegmans - Surprisingly complex with nice mineral undertones. 

Kia Ora Signature Marlborough Sav Blanc ($18)- Great tasting, and refreshing , my go to.  

 


Worth the drive 


Liv Bread- Kiosk, Retail Nook, The Mall @ Short Hills  - Croissants to die for. 

Boxwood Coffee- ( 143 East Broad St , Westfield ) Best coffee I have had in NJ.



So that's it for what it's worth, which may or not be much , you decide. 

So my friends, until the next time  Eat, Drink and be Merry. 

And as always , live a life that makes the neighbors jealous. Harry Out.



The Xuixo ( pronounced Shoo Shoo) the illegitimate child of a churro and a croissant, from Girona , Catalonia Spain. Serious contender for one of the best things I have ever eaten (Cardinal Provisions). Super Yum.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog